Sunday 2 September 2007

History in the making and it's time for bed

Sometimes it is really frustrating that Baseball matches are shown so late at night over here. The Red Sox were playing the Orioles yesterday and their starter was top prospect Clay Bucholz. I've seen him pitch once during a start with the PawSox, but I missed out on his major league debut. So I was kind of excited to see what he will be like on the pitch, but it turned out the expectations couldn't have been higher. He pitched a no-hitter in his 2nd major league start and I wasn't there to see the final three innings ebcause it was already 3 am in the morning and I was tired as one can be. But it was interesting to wtch the game evolve, the excitement of the crowd was rising and rising with every out.
That's the strange thing though. I still don't get how the score the plays. There was one Orioles player who got on base after he hit the ball but that wasn't a base hit because another guy was out because of the play or whatever. Well, as I said, it was very interesting to watch and the newspapers over there seem to be going crazy because of this, especially in Boston, of course. Listen in to the live commentary and take a look at all outs of that game on MLB.com

No comments: