Saturday 29 September 2007

The Gaslight Anthem says goodbye in style

I was able to catch up with the guys one more time last night when they were playing Dortmund's FZW with Turbostaat. It was great to see them again after what seemed to be a long time. We hung out before the show and had lots of fun. The concert itself was rather dissatisfying. All of the TGA's were sick and tired from a month long tour and there were some minor mistakes here and there. But it seemed that a lot of people they had met on the tour were present yesterday and this made the atmosphere very friendly. Anyway, the boys seemed to have fun and so we decided to drive to a disco after the show. Still it was a long struggle to settle on one place and so it tooks us long minutes to get everybody moving. The venue we went to wasn't that good, I was tired as hell and just kept sitting on a bench while the others were dancing all night long.

Back in Cologne at around 5 am I fell straight into my bed. So everything that's left for me now is to say: Thank you, Brian, Alex, Alex and Benny for coming to Germany and playing those awesome shows. And I really look forward to meet you again!

No comments: