Monday 4 February 2008

NFL: Super Bowl. Too much hype every year

Yeah, I know, I always keep rumbleing about how boring American Football is. And, yes, I know it's boring to always use the same reason which is why a game can be named "Football" when there are only two situations in this game where the ball is actually played with a foot. But those Americans like their game and it's getting broadcasting service in Germany as well, so there must be something about it. Which is why I tuned it to the coverage last night. The match was shown on German state television and the commentators were at least a litle better than the ones they usually use for football matches.
The match itself was something I'd consider to be a stalemate. They score was locked at New England 7 New York 3 and there wasn't really much happening on the field. Which is why I turned off the TV after the beginning of the second half and that is why I missed out on what seems to have been a thrilling last two quarters.

But still, this just ain't my game. For example there was one situation when the referee was reviewing an incident on a screen to make sure what really happened and there wasn't anything happening on the pitch. Now there are a lot of discussions on bringing in a TV check into football but, honetsly, if it turns out to be like this the whole game will be changed. It's okay in Ice Hockey and Rugby, but in football it's completely out of place. Plus it would take those wonderful discussions from us about whether the ball crossed the line or not.

No comments: