Sunday 20 January 2008

Premier League: It's all about buying and selling

With news like this it's no wonder that some parts of the fan beses in English football turn their backs on the clubs they love. Apparently American Liverpool FC owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr have recieved an offer of around £500million by an Arab investment group. And they bought the club just a year ago. We all know it costs a lot of money to run a football team and we all know that you need a huge stadium to generate at least some money. And I know that Anfield compared to other stadiums is rather small. But buying and selling football clubs just like they are a pile of stocks is just beyond my imagination. In fact I am very happy that I am a member of the football club I love and support and that I have a say in what happens with the club. Well, a small say, but it's better than nothing.
Well, maybe Mr Hicks and Mr Gilett just weren't prepared for European football with a manager like Rafa Benitez screaming for more and more money to buy new players. That's what life is like without a salary cap.

No comments: