Thursday 2 August 2007

8-ball at Yankee Stadium, Red Sox welcome a new member

That was fun to watch. I wasn't able to connect to the Red Sox stream today so instead I tuned in to the Yankees game against the White Sox. The match started rather boring with nothing happening in the 1st inning but then things changed. First Yankees starter Roger Clemens was roughed up by the White Sox offense in what turned out to be an 8 run top 2nd inning and then in the bottom of the 2nd White Sox starter John Garland was also pounded and in the end after that inning the score was 8-8.
Continuing the game in the 8th inning Yankees catcher Jorge Posada had to pull out of the game because, as the commentators (who I really like, those guys know what they are talking about. And the play-by-play announcer doesn't try to be the wise guy. Plus they root for their team which is fine, but they also acknowledge the efforts by the opposing team. A bad example would be the commentators for the White Sox. Boy, those guys just suck big time.) pointed out he might be dehydrating because he played the night game the day before and it was very hot and the game was going on forever. I still keep learning everyday...
In the end the White Sox won the whole thing 13-9 and Alex Rodriguez still has to wait for his 500th homerun.

Elsewhere the Red Sox eventually got past the Orioles in a 7-4 win at Fenway. First appearance by newly acquired reliever/closer Eric Gagne who came in by a trade with the Rangers. Hideki Okajima once again pitched a scoreless 8th in relief of starter Tim Wakefield.
Tied at 1st place in NL Central are the Brewers and the Cubs. I have to admit that I have a weak side for losing teams so I'm following closely what the Cubs are doing this season. Seems like they always have games that might give you a cardiac arrest. A lot of late inning runs or even walk-off runs or homeruns.
But today they seem to have lost (5-7 to Philadelphia in the 7th, game still going on while I write this). But that didn't mean a thing since Milwaukee also lost (4-12 to the New York Mets). Which I find great 'cause a good friend of mine told me he is a Mets fan. They lead their division NL East. I watched some of their matches and I like their way of playing. They are up against the Cubs from tomorrow on, that should be some fine games.

I think I am finally getting the hang of this...

No comments: