Sunday 22 July 2007

Did anyone say the "E"-word? House & Parish @ Blue Shell, Cologne

Last Thursday saw some sort of a class reunion. House & Parish were set to play at the "Blue Shell", a small club located in Cologne's Bermuda triangle were a lot of clubs are. With their background featuring ex-mambers of The Promise Ring, Mineral, Texas Is The Reason and New End Original I thought that, well, a few people might show up, but as it turned out around 50 came to the show.

We were all hanging around the club on the streets since the weather was so fine. That's why probably a lot of people missed The Data Break who opened up the evening. Their DC influenced sound wasn't anything for me although I liked what I heard when me and some friends set up a show for them at the "Juz" in Hürth a couple of years ago. So as for this evening I was enjoying my beer on the streets talking to whoever I met and there were quite a few people to meet as I mentioned.

When House & Parish finally climbed up on the stage I have to admit that I was a little drunk already. But what I got to hear from them was satisfying. Nothing special and nothing like the band their members previously played in. But solid indie rock that doesn't get too annoying. If I get the chance I might get the record.

So that was a very nice evening. The only thing that kind of made me feel miserable was that I drank a little bit too much. I was supposed to get up early the next day to attend a wedding (that one was cool! Aaron and Silke looked great. Congratulation, folks!) so I had some headache when waking up. I tried to chase it away with lots of beer in the evening and surprisingly it worked, hehehe...

Hey, Envy will play in Cologne in November!!!

No comments: